Day 1 - It was a bright and sunny day and I was walking down the road. Suddenly I was free falling and the world went all black and was whirling around me. I hit the ground hard and when my eyes adjusted I realised I was in a hole. I sit for a while, then proceed to search for a way out.
Day 2 - It was a bright and sunny day and I was walking down the road. This feels awfully familiar and before I know it I was free falling and the world went all black. I realised I've fallen in the hole again. This time I got up, dusted myself off and found my way out.
Day 3 - It was dark and gloomy and I felt like the world was the pits. I knew there was a hole in my path but I just keep walking into it. When I'm down the bottom I sit there and cry out "see? the world sucks!". I sulk in the dark little space for a while thinking about all the crappy things then realised I'm a bit retarded sitting there feeling sorry for myself. So I got up and got out.
Day 4 - I am walking down the road and I know there's a hole along my path, it's a tricky thing but I carefully walk around it and continue on my merry way.
Day 5 - It was a bright and sunny day and I take a different path today.
This story was a therapist's reply to a girl's question that 'what if you've found out the problem but you can't change it, it sounds good enough that people need to find out the problem then they can solve it but what if you know your problem but you just keep reverting back to the same way'.
This is a story of change. Nothing is easy.
-----------
I hope you this story inspired you or have helped you in anyway. This story is a constant reminder for me about certain things in life's journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment